Friday, October 19, 2012

Opportunity Knocking

Hi, my name is Ashley. I'm a tenth grade student at Lakewood High School. I'm not on here to pretend I have this awesome life to blog about, cause I really don't. I'm an average teenager, one small person in a one big world just like most of you. The only difference is I've been given this opportunity, I've been handed this "microphone" of sorts, this microphone that could speak to tons of people that I could impact. There's only one problem... When your given something so large, so worldwide, so spread that you could talk to millions of people all over the world, what do you say to them? What information is important or useful enough from an average 15 year old girl? My train of thought was in chaos and I had no clue what I could pass on to those of you, and I guess it finally crashed here. Life is full of surprises, you get opportunities that are just to good to pass up, things like this, what teenager gets such a huge chance to talk to such a huge body of people? When I was told that people from all over could potentially read my blog, my mind went crazy. These opportunities will come and go and its up to you to make the right choice, but life is short and you're not getting any younger! Take risks, get messy, mess up, fix it, learn from it and let it shape who you are! Live your life the way you want to live it! And this may not be the best thing to say, but come on, don't take life too seriously, no one makes it out alive as it is. So forget yesterday, live for today and screw tomorrow, it'll come, but you'll never have another today.

No comments:

Post a Comment